How to Write a Successful Cause and Effect Essay?
“Every action has an equal and opposite reaction”. Students have been listening to this term from the cradle of their mothers. In schools, when you have to analyze the actions, report them, and evaluate them, they take the form of a cause and effect essay.
A cause and effect essay is a writing type in which a writer analyzes an action or event, studies the causes, and identifies its effects as a whole. This writing assignment is a common academic task for high school and college students.
Instructors assign this essay type with different topics to assess the student’s ability to study and understand courses of actions and events and their influence. This essay type requires a student to critically analyze and evaluate every detail of an event.
For example, if you are assigned to draft a cause and effect essay on “global warming”, you will be identifying all the causes and reasons for it and how it is affecting the world.
Just like every other formal piece of writing, a cause and effect essay can be challenging for students to draft. Because of this reason, they end to get help from a write my essay. If you want to get this essay right and want to leave an impression on the audience, you should know the basics of writing this paper.
Below is the simple and general writing process of a cause and effect essay provided by an expert of the best essay writing service, that can be followed by anyone to write their essay effectively.
- Brainstorm Topic Ideas - In some cases, students are assigned a topic by their instructors. But if not given in advance, you can come up with your own topic. Brainstorm ideas that you think can make a good and interesting essay topic.
Make a list of ideas that you are interested in and passionate about to talk with the readers. Make sure that those ideas can be comprehensively discussed in the content. Moreover, when selecting a topic from the list, make sure that you know something about it.
Having no clue about the topic can make things difficult for you. When you will have some idea about the topic you will know where to take the start. Your initial knowledge can pave the path for further investigation and research.
While selecting a topic, keep the audience in mind. Your topic should be equally interesting for the readers.
- Identify the Causes and Effects - Now that you have chosen a topic for your essay, identify the causes and effects. Make a rough draft of all the causes you are aware of and their impact. For example, you chose WWI as your cause and effect write my essay for me topic. Make a list of all the events and other elements that caused the war and its effects on the world.
After identifying the basic reasons, decide on your stance on the topic. The stance will be the thesis statement of your essay. Form a strong argument that you think is arguable and can be defended firmly.
- Conduct Research - Once you have picked your stance, conduct research, and gather information. You had initial data for your essay, to further elaborate it with strong references and logic, you need to conduct extensive research.
Find a credible source of information to back up your reasons and support the major claim of the essay. Carefully examine all the causes and effects of your problem. At this stage, you will come across many other points that will be going to the theme of your essay. Consider those points as well.
If getting help from a essay writing service, you will not have to worry about gathering data from reliable sources. The expert writers know where to get legit information.
- Draft an Outline - The collected raw information needs to be organized in order to make sense for the audience. The content should be vividly divided into three sections; introduction, main body, and conclusion.
In the introduction section, the topic will be put forward for the audience. Open this paragraph with a catchy hook statement relevant to the topic. After this provides background information and the thesis statement to give something to look forward to.
Following the introductory paragraph comes the main body of the essay. In this section, all the details supporting the thesis statement is presented to explain the topic to the readers. Each cause and its effect will be separately discussed in each body paragraph to clearly make a point for the audience.
All the body paragraphs will be leading the readers to the concluding paragraph where the writer will be summing up the discussion.
- Write the First Draft - Once you have arranged your content, write the first draft. It is ok if the first draft is not up to the mark. You just have to put everything together and see if it works out and if the content structure is impressive.
- Proofread and Edit - Always leave time for proofreading and editing. Never submit your document before thoroughly proofreading it. Check for mistakes such as punctuation, grammar, structure, tone, spellings, and syntax to make the content flawless.
Edit every minor thing that you think is not worth adding into the essay and/or is vague. You have to make sure that your content is clear and understandable for the audience. So avoid using fancy terms that not everyone is familiar with. Instead, use appropriate and relevant vocabulary that complements your cause and effect essay theme.
If your writing skills are weak and essays give you a tough time you can get help from a professional college essay.
Tips for Picking an Incredible Article Subject
Tips to Form a Conditions and Legitimate Outcomes Article
What are Descriptive Article Forming and its Importance?